General Education Review Committee
- Responsible for ongoing review, evaluation, and assessment of the General Education program and its components, including proficiency, Core, and other required and elective courses.
- Develop and review proposals for changes in general education goals and outcomes, policies, and curriculum for action by the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) for curriculum matters and/or the Faculty Senate for policy matters.
- Recommend to the UCC appropriate courses for inclusion in the General Education program.
- Periodically report to the UCC and to the Faculty Senate.
24 members broken down as follows: 9 voting elected/appointed members, 10 voting ex-officio members, and 5 non-voting ex-officio members.
Elected or Appointed, voting members:
- One faculty member elected by and from each constituency (The College of Arts and Communication and Library constituency representation should come from the College, not Library.):
- College of Arts and Communication
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- College of Integrated Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
- One faculty or staff member elected by and from the Library.
- Two student members, as chosen by Whitewater Student Government.
- One faculty member elected by and from the Diversity Curriculum Committee.
Ex officio, voting members:
- Coordinator of Communication 110 (or faculty member will be elected from the relevant department)
- Coordinator of PEGNRL 192 (or faculty member will be elected from the relevant department)
- Coordinator of developmental and proficiency Mathematics (or faculty member will be elected from the relevant department)
- Coordinator of Freshman English courses (or faculty member will be elected from the relevant department)
- Coordinator of the Natural Sciences lab courses (GL)- To be appointed by the Dean of the College of Letters and Sciences in consultation with the four natural sciences departments (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, and Geography, Geology and Environmental Sciences).
- Coordinator of GENED 110
- Coordinator of GENED 120
- Coordinator of GENED 130
- Coordinator of GENED 140
- Coordinator of GENED 390
Ex officio, non-voting members:
- General Education Coordinator
- Academic Assessment Director
- Academic Advising and Exploration Center Director or designee
- Director of First Year Programs or designee
- Representative from Student Affairs
Three-year staggered terms for the elected faculty representatives and one-year terms for the student representatives.
-Approved at the 2021-03-30 Spring All Faculty Meeting
page revised 2021-05-05