Graduate Pass/Fail

Graduate Pass/Fail

Ask a complete question, like "How do I obtain my transcripts?"


  • Graduate students registered for a course on a pass/fail basis will receive either a grade of S or F.
  • A grade of S denotes the student has passed the course; a grade of F indicates failure.
  • Grades of F count in computing grade point averages; S grades do not count. Instructors decide what constitutes a grade of pass for their courses.
  • Workshops may be taken on a pass-fail basis. Other courses made available by departments on a pass-fail only basis are so indicated in advance in the Course Offerings portion of the Schedule of Classes.
  • Since the decision whether a course taken on a pass-fail basis will count in a degree program rests with the major or emphasis department or college, students should attain appropriate permission prior to taking a course pass/fail.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Roseman Hall, Room 2032
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
800 West Main St.
Whitewater, WI 53190-1790

Phone 262-472-1570
Fax 262-472-1370
Email Us

Office Hours
Monday - Friday
7:45 - 4:30