Plan-It Purple Resources
Plan-It Purple: Tips To Know Before You Go
Hey New Warhawk!
Your Plan-It Purple program will be here before you know it! We are looking forward to spending some time with you and helping you to make plans for your first semester at UW-Whitewater. Here are a few things that you'll want to keep in mind as you prepare for Plan-It Purple.
- Please park in lot #7 located by the Visitor Center just off of Starin Road. Once you near campus, look for the "Plan-It Purple parking" signs to direct you to this parking lot
- Check-in takes place at 8:00 a.m. in the University Center (UC.) Once you've parked, follow the "Plan-It Purple Check- In" signs to the UC.
- You will receive a "Plan-It Purple To-Do List" at check-in. Say "cheese!" The first item on this list will be to have your photo taken for your student ID. It may also include one or two other items that need to be taken care of while you are here on campus.
- If you wish to change your major, you may do so in the morning before the welcome session. The Academic Advising & Exploration Center will have a staff member on site to assist you with this process.
- Special interest sessions begin promptly at 8:20 a.m. for students participating in the following:
- Learning Communities
- Veterans and Service Members
- Prospective Athletes
- Pathways to Success program (this session by invitation only)
Please arrive at the Plan-It Purple check-in location early enough to allow for check in and student ID photos to be completed before these sessions begin. (If you are involved in more than one special interest category, we'd encourage you to attend one session and have a parent/guest attend the other on your behalf.)
- The Plan-It Purple welcome session will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Your day will conclude around 4:00 p.m. or slightly earlier dependent upon the amount of time spent in the afternoon's advising and registration process.
- You will spend much of your day at Plan-It Purple with a Hawk Squad student orientation leader. Your Hawk Squad leader will be available to answer any questions that you have throughout the day. He/she will share important information with you about a variety of topics.
- Parents and/or guests attending Plan-It Purple will hear from a number of offices on campus including:
- First Year Experience
- HawkCard Office (dining/meal plans)
- University Police (safety and security)
- Financial Aid
- Residence Life (housing)
- Student Accounts (billing/payments)
- University Health & Counseling Services
- ICIT - Information Technology
- During the "Info Orbit" at the end of the day, 20 offices/organizations will be on site at the UC to answer all of your questions. Offices participating in the Info Orbit include: Center for Students with Disabilities, Alcohol & Other Drugs Prevention Programs, Academic Support Services, Career & Leadership Development, Honors Program, Recreational Sports, UW Credit Union, Warhawk Marching Band, Andersen Library and more!
- You may wish to bring a fleece/sweatshirt as comfort levels in regard to air conditioning vary.
Contact us at 262-472-3205 or email@example.com. See you at Plan-It Purple. Safe travels!