- Log In to Student Portal
- Click on the Housing Exemption Link in the left menu.
- Accept the disclaimer
- Create your Housing Exemption
- Follow the instructions in the email after you submit your exemption request.
UW Board of Regents Residency Requirement states - “Those freshman and sophomore students
who are not veterans, married, or living with parents or legal guardians, shall be required to live
in a university-operated residence hall when such accommodations are available.” (Policy 173, May 5, 1972).
UW-Whitewater is required to enforce the UW System Board of Regents' Residency Requirement. If you
are a freshman or sophomore student and plan to not live in the residence halls, for either your freshman
or sophomore year, you would be required to submit an application for exemption form. Reasons for
- You live with a parent and commute to campus from within a 40-mile radius of the UW-Whitewater campus. (required: signed and notarized commuter form)
- You live with a legal guardian and commute to campus from within the 40-mile radius of the UW-Whitewater campus. (required: signed and notarized commuter form)
- You are married (required: copy of your marriage license).
- You have a child / children living with you (required: a copy of the birth certificate(s) and verification by a third party that the child is living with you).
- You are a veteran. (required: copy of your discharge papers if under age 21).
- You have enrolled two or more years after your high school graduation.
- You have extreme circumstances that warrant a special exemption. (required specific information and supporting documentation).