Mid-Semester Assessment Program (MAP)
The Mid-Semester Assessment Program (MAP) provides UW-Whitewater faculty and instructional academic staff with the opportunity to obtain timely student feedback on their views of what is going well and what helpful changes might be made while the course is still in progress. You'll gain useful information to strengthen the course, and students will appreciate your interest in their ideas about the course.
Contact Heather Pelzel (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Learn what your students think helps their learning the most, as well as what might be getting in the way of their learning in your course.
- Assessments are useful for: face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Feedback is summarized and discussed with the instructor by experienced instructors - in time to make changes for the current semester.
- The program is voluntary and confidential, with feedback provided only to the instructor. Requests may only be generated by the instructor for the course.
The program is available between the 5th and 9th week of the semester.
Interested in participating in the program?
- Complete the online application (link below). Selection is first come, first served and will depend on availability of consultants and staff.
- After your consultation is received you will be contacted by a MAP consultant for a brief phone meeting to discuss instructional goals, data collection plans, and address any questions.
- Consultants will take care of data collection, with a little organizational assistance from you.
- Within 10 business days of your completed data collection, you will have a follow-up meeting with a MAP consultant to review main themes in the students' aggregated feedback and identify helpful instructional strategies and resources.
- After the semester is over, you will be asked to complete an online MAP evaluation to provide information about the program and the impact it had on your teaching.
Registrations accepted online until October, 8, 2021.