Financial Aid
Image: Decorative image of flowers on campus

Transfer Students

Transferring to UW-Whitewater

If you are attending another school and you have already completed the FAFSA, your financial aid will NOT automatically transfer to UW-Whitewater. 

  • Go to and add the school code 003926.  Your aid will be awarded as soon as you have completed all of the steps in the process.
  • Please be sure to contact the school from which you are transferring to let the Financial Aid Office know that you will no longer be attending their institution.

Transferring to another institution

If you are leaving UW-Whitewater, we are sorry to see you go!  Please let the Financial Aid Office know to cancel aid for any terms you will not be attending.  Your financial aid will NOT transfer to your new institution.  You must add their school code to the FAFSA and contact their Financial Aid Office to determine your next steps.

If you are withdrawing after you have begun attendance, but before the end of a semester, please review our withdrawal policy.

If you will be out of school for more than 6 months, your loans will go into repayment.  You will need to complete Loan Exit Counseling.


Financial Aid Office
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
130 Hyer Hall
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190

Contact Us

Phone: (262) 472-1130
Fax: (262) 472-5655
Email us!
Meet the Staff

Office Hours

Lobby Open: 
Mon-Fri: 8 AM - 4:00 PM
Phones Answered:
Mon-Fri: 8 AM - 4:30 PM 

Walk-in Advising

Mon, Tues, & Wed: 9 AM - 4 PM
Thursday: 12:30 PM - 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 12:30 PM