Financial Aid
Image: Decorative image of flowers on campus

Related Links


The Registrar's Office certifies all federal and state Veteran's benefits at UW-Whitewater.  Veteran's are encouraged to review important benefit information on the Veteran's Services website.

Applying for Financial Aid

In addition to Veteran's benefits, it is important to complete the FAFSA to determine eligibility for other types of financial aid.  Veterans and active duty service members are considered independent for financial aid purposes.  You may be required to submit a copy of active duty call-up papers or a copy of the DD214 to verify your status.

Combat pay included in Adjusted Gross Income should be listed on the FAFSA under the section Additional Financial Information.  This is because combat pay will be excluded when calculating eligibility for aid.

Federal Veteran's benefits do not impact the other types of financial aid you may be eligible to receive.  However, state benefits could impact aid.  Notify the Financial Aid Office of any state benefits you are receiving which are not listed in your award package.

Withdrawing for Active Duty

Financial aid regulations are the same for all students withdrawing during a semester.  For information on active duty withdrawal procedures, contact the Register's Office


Financial Aid Office
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
130 Hyer Hall
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190

Contact Us

Phone: (262) 472-1130
Fax: (262) 472-5655
Email us!
Meet the Staff

Office Hours

Lobby Open: 
Mon-Fri: 8 AM - 4:00 PM
Phones Answered:
Mon-Fri: 8 AM - 4:30 PM 
-Closed Monday, 5/27/24-

Walk-in Advising

Mon, Tues, & Wed: 9 AM - 4 PM
Thursday: 12:30 PM - 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 12:30 PM 
-Closed Monday, 5/27/24-