Financial Aid
Image: Decorative image of flowers on campus

Other Aid Resources


There are many opportunities for employment at UW-Whitewater. Handshake is the main resource for students looking for jobs on campus. Students interested in various leadership positions may want to apply to be a Peer Mentor or Resident Assistant.


The Admissions Office determines a student's residency status, which is used to determine the amount of tuition a student pays. For more information on residency, contact the Admissions Office at (262)472-1440 or

Minnesota Reciprocity

Minnesota students must file an application with the Minnesota Higher Education Coordinating Board. This agreement is subject to annual approval by the Minnesota and Wisconsin state governments.

Return To Wisconsin

The Return to Wisconsin residency status is available to children/grandchildren of alumni.

Other Non-Residents

The Admissions Office awards the Academic Non-Resident Fee Remission to select incoming freshmen based on the Admissions application and availability of funding. Students must be admitted by February 1 to qualify.

Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

Students with disabilities may qualify for assistance through DVR. Vocational Rehabilitation is a Division of the Department of Workforce Development. Students should contact their DVR counselor for application information. Students must have a FAFSA on file to receive funding.


Americorps is a program for the Corporation for National and Community Service. Members who complete their service may be eligible for an Education Award to help pay for college or pay back student loans. For more information, visit the Americorps website.

Veteran's Benefits

Visit the Veteran's Services page for information on Veteran's Benefits.


U.S. Air Force ROTC Scholarship and Incentives

Air Force ROTC has several types of scholarship opportunities available for students. High school seniors must apply for the Airforce ROTC College Scholarship Program no later than December 1. If selected, high school seniors are awarded three-year and four-year Air Force ROTC scholarships. For those student already in college, please contact the Department of Aerospace Studies, UW-Madison at (608) 262-3440 to find out if you are eligible for a scholarship. UW-Whitewater campus location is Room 318, Goodhue.

U.S. Army Reserves Office Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarship

There are various scholarships available through Army ROTC - from a four-year scholarship you apply for while in high school, to a two-, three- or four-year scholarship you can get while on campus. If you are enlisted in the National Guard or the Reserves and join ROTC, there are two 2-year Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) scholarships you may be eligible for. Contact the Department of Leadership, Military Science and Aerospace Studies at (262) 472-1541 or (262) 472-5250/5251 or go to the third floor of Goodhue Hall to speak to someone about Army ROTC.

Tax Credits

While tax credits are not an up front award for education, some families may be eligible to receive this benefit when they file their taxes. For more information, visit the IRS website. The Student Accounts Office will email 1098T statements by the end of January for the previous tax year.


Financial Aid Office
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
130 Hyer Hall
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190

Contact Us

Phone: (262) 472-1130
Fax: (262) 472-5655
Email us!
Meet the Staff

Office Hours

Lobby Open: 
Mon-Fri: 8 AM - 4:00 PM
Phones Answered:
Mon-Fri: 8 AM - 4:30 PM 
-Closed Monday, 5/27/24-

Walk-in Advising

Mon, Tues, & Wed: 9 AM - 4 PM
Thursday: 12:30 PM - 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 12:30 PM 
-Closed Monday, 5/27/24-