Veterans Services

Veterans Services

Ask a complete question, like "How do I obtain my transcripts?"



The Registrar's Office is the certifying office for veteran's benefits at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.

Contact information:

Janice Nordin
2032 Roseman Building
262-472-1370 (fax)


The VA Call Center number is (1-888-442-4551). Students may also submit inquiries online through the VA's Right Now Web Question and Answer site.  The new eBenefits website allows veterans, service members and family members access to the information they need about benefits. 

The monthly student verification can be done by calling 1-877-VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) or by the Wave Verification.

County Veterans' Services Offices are also available for assistance at each county seat.

New Students who are eligible for benefits but have not yet applied, may do so in the Registrar's Office. A type of eligibility form would help the process; e.g. a DD214 -Notice of Separation.



 Undergraduate*  Required Standard Class Sessions
 Full Time  12+ credits
 3/4 Time  9-11.5 credits
 1/2 Time  6-8.5 credits
 Graduate*  Required Standard Class Sessions
 Full Time  9+ credits
 3/4 Time 75% Benefits Monthly  5-8.6 credits
 1/2 Time 50% Benefits Monthly  4-4.5 credits
 1/4 Time Tuition and Fees Only  3-3.5 credits

*Chapter 33 recipients: Half-time enrollment (Undergraduates - 6 units or less; Graduates - 4.5 units or less) any time during the term (Fall/Spring only) will result in the loss of your MHA/BAH.  For questions on rates, contact Veterans Services in the Registrar's Office. 

Please Note: Per VA directive, a Winterim course, Summer Session courses and courses that do not meet for the full semester will only count during those weeks that the course(s) meet.

Veterans Information Sheet can be accessed below. Fill in the appropriate info, print and mail it to our office.




Military FriendlyMAE2015


Military Friendly School '14

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Roseman Hall, Room 2032
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
800 West Main St.
Whitewater, WI 53190-1790

Phone 262-472-1570
Fax 262-472-1370
Email Us

Office Hours
Monday - Friday
7:45 - 4:30