Foundation Give Now »
How to give to the UW-Whitewater foundation

Securites and IRAs


Giving appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds held for more than one year can often provide tax benefits to you while you support our students. Please note that securities must be transferred directly to the UW-Whitewater Foundation, Inc. to be eligible for tax benefits.

Step 1: Let UW-Whitewater Foundation know you plan to give via securities by contacting a staff member at or 262-472-1105. We’ll work with you to direct your gift to your cause and we’ll communicate with you throughout the transaction process.

Step 2: Instruct your broker to transfer shares to UW-Whitewater Foundation, Inc. at:

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.          
DTC# 0164                                                          
ACCOUNT NUMBER:  8598-3525                                
ACCOUNT NAME:  UW-Whitewater Foundation, Inc.- Stock Gift Account 

If you have questions, please contact Fund Evaluation Group
201 E 5th Street
Suite 1600
Cincinnati, OH  45202-4156
Phone: 513-977-4400

IRA Charitable Distributions

If you are 70 ½ or older you may make a charitable gift directly from your IRA up to $100,000 annually. Tax advantages may be realized if the gift is made using the minimum required distribution and made directly to the Foundation.

Contact us at or 262-472-1105 for transactional information to ensure you receive appropriate tax receipts.

Contact Us

UW-Whitewater Foundation
800 W. Main Street
Whitewater, WI. 53190

Gift FAQ's

UW-Whitewater Foundation’s EIN number is 39-6081189.  This can be used on any tax forms requiring documentation of donations to a 501(c)(3) organization.

Make checks payable to:
UW-Whitewater Foundation, Inc.