Source: Office of the Assistant Chancellor for Administrative Affairs 

DOA has issued a directive that all in and out-of-state travel must be approved in advance by the Chancellor (or designate).

Prior approval of out-of-state travel is delegated to the appropriate Division Head. Approval for in-state travel is delegated to appropriate Director or Dean of the College.


  1. All individuals desiring to conduct University travel must complete the out-of-state travel request form, or for in-state travel, the department/college designated travel approval request or the "Request to be Absent from Campus" form.

  2. The request may be submitted electronically for approval by attaching to an e-mail from the requesting employee.

  3. The supervisor, if not the delegated approval authority, must forward the request to the next level of review, indicating their recommendation for approval.

  4. Once the request has reached the individual with delegated authority to approve/deny the travel, that individual approves/denies the travel, records the approval for out of state travel, and returns to the traveler.

  5. UWSA may request a report of all approved out-of-state travel from the institution, which, if requested, is provided by the Division head to the Chancellor’s office for compilation and submission.



As amended 29 July 2014