Admissions and Academic Standards Committee
- To study and recommend to the Faculty Senate general policies relating to academic standards and admissions.
- To set and implement procedures necessary to carry out the general academic policies.
- To consider and pass on the problems relating to admissions, promotion and graduation of individual students whose cases involve factors seemingly irregular with respect to the procedure of the faculty and/or the regulations of the Board of Regents.
10 elected members (with 5 alternates) and 5 ex-officio members
- One faculty member and one alternate faculty member elected from and by each constituency:
- College of Arts and Communication/Library
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- College of Integrated Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
- One Master Advisor (either College or University Master Advisor) from each college and a College of Integrated Studies Advisor (non-faculty), elected by the constituency.
- Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or designee
- Director of Admissions
- Executive Director of Academic Standards
- Director of the Academic Advising and Exploration Center
Note: This Committee meets during the summer and during winter break. Faculty elected to this Committee are expected to attend these between semester meetings.
Two-year staggered terms for elected faculty members.
-Adopted at All-Faculty Meeting (Extraordinary Session) on 4/2/2019
page revised 9/20/2019