The University Assessment Committee (UAC), comprised of faculty and instructional staff representing each college within the university, provides feedback on policies and practices, and makes recommendations to university administration and academic units regarding activities associated with the assessment of student learning.
- To review UW-Whitewater and UW System Assessment policies and to respond, when necessary, on behalf of faculty.
- To identify and review all external agency requirements regarding assessment data on behalf of the faculty.
- To develop and maintain a collection of UWW rubrics and encourage use of rubrics by faculty and staff.
- To work with the Director of Academic Assessment in identifying professional development opportunities for faculty to assist them with the evaluation of student learning.
- To assist the Director of Academic Assessment when implementing and managing professional development opportunities.
12-13 elected or appointed members and 1 ex-officio members
Elected or appointed members:
- One representative from General Education Review Committee, to be elected by the General Education Review Committee
- Two students to be chosen by Whitewater Student Government
- Two faculty or instructional academic staff member elected from each college [if desired due to staff size, the College of Integrated Studies can be represented by 1 faculty or instructional staff member]:
- College of Arts and Communication/Library
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- College of Integrated Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
- Director of Academic Assessment
Two-year staggered terms for faculty or academic staff members and one-year term for students.
-Adopted at All-Faculty Meeting on 2022-03-15
page revised 2022-03-29