Library Advisory Committee
- To serve as a channel of communication between the University community and Library Services.
- To express the concerns of faculty and students as users of Library Services' collections and services.
- To advise Library Services on its missions, organization, programs, budgets and policies.
- To evaluate Library Services.
- To advise the faculty, the Faculty Senate, and administration of the University on the budgetary, personnel, and space needs of Library Services and on the most effective ways of organizing and providing to the University services and resources of the types provided by Library Services.
- To advise the Director of University Libraries on the policies which govern decisions on the purchase of instructional media equipment, materials and supplies and, at the request of the Director to give advice on particular purchase decisions.
9 voting members
- One faculty member elected from and by each constituency:
- College of Arts and Communication/Library
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- College of Integrated Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
- One Graduate Faculty Member, elected by the Graduate Faculty.
- One ex-officio member from Library Services, Director or designee
- One student member, as chosen by Whitewater Student Government.
- One graduate student
Two-year staggered terms for Faculty. One-year term for students.
-Adopted at All-Faculty Meeting (Extraordinary Session) on 4/2/2019
page revised 9/20/2019