University Program Array Review Committee
In order to ensure that the university offers high quality academic programs to its present and future students, a University Program Array Review Committee shall be established. It shall have the authority to make recommendations to the Faculty Senate involving academic program array and the program-array review process. It will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate conversation around academic planning, taking the recommendations from CPARCs to help facilitate conversations across campus.
- Review and provide feedback on the plans that each CPARC will submit for how the program array reviews will be conducted in each college/school.
- Review Program Array reports and recommendations from each college/school.
- Use the college/school plans and related information to provide a Campus Academic Plan that identifies key successes in the program array as well as recommend any changes in the program array.
Based on input from the campus, including CPARCs, UPARC will identify the academic goals for a five-year period. The plan will include all of the following:
- A list of the program array plan for the next five years.
- A narrative describing why and how the university maintains high-quality programs, which acknowledges significant successes within and among programs as well as identifies opportunities and/or potential changes within and among programs.
- A narrative that explains the opportunities represented by any proposed new programs.
- If relevant, a narrative that explains any proposed suspension or elimination of existing programs.
14 voting members
- Provost designee
- Tenured faculty member, elected by the College of Arts & Communication
- Tenured faculty member, elected by the College of Business & Economics
- Tenured faculty member, elected by the College of Education & Professional Studies
- Tenured faculty member, elected by the College of Letters & Sciences
- Tenured faculty member, elected by the College tof Integrated Studies
- Tenured faculty member, member of the Faculty Senate Executive Committee or designee
- Tenured faculty member, member of Graduate Council
- Tenured faculty member, elected at-large
- Instructional Academic Staff Member, appointed by the Academic Staff Assembly
- Student Affairs representative, appointed by Student Affairs
- University Staff representative, appointed by the University Staff Council
- Student, appointed by Whitewater Student Government
- A Dean, appointed by the Provost.
UPARC will be co-chaired by one faculty member and by the Provost designee. Administrative support will be provided by the Provost’s Office.
Elected faculty members serve two-year terms. Faculty members from the College of Letters and Sciences and the College of Education and Professional Studies will be elected in even years, beginning in 2020. Faculty members from the College of Arts and Communication, the College of Business and Economics, and the College to be comprised of UW Rock County faculty* will be elected in odd years, beginning in 2021. The at-large faculty representative will be elected in even years, beginning in 2020.
-Adopted at All-Faculty Meeting (Extraordinary Session) on 4/2/2019
page revised 9/23/2019