The Fiscal and Economic Research Center (FERC) provides research services for area businesses, not-for-profits organizations, and government entities including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Economic analysis
- Land-use planning
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis
- Market research, marketing strategy and planning
- Statistical analysis
- Simulation analysis
- Ecological and biological analysis
- Government and public policy analysis
- Economic forecasting and business development
The Fiscal and Economic Research Center meets the strategic goals of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and the College of Business and Economics through its focus on regional engagement as well as improving programs and learning through students hands-on training in the field of economics.
FERC is a self-sustaining center that is supported by fees generated by individual projects and grants.