SUF Information For Department Representative

The following departmental expenses are eligible for SUF funding

UW System Policy -  Segregated University Fees (F50):

Expenditures relating to the operations and activities of student organizations, student health services, day care centers, union student center, parking utility, stadium-arena, intramurals, and other student services for:

    1. Salaries for student and other UW staff where related to the activity and in accordance with existing institutional and state wage rates and employment procedures. Payments shall be made in accordance with the provisions of the UW System Financial and Administrative Policy F31 on "Personal Services Payments."
    2. Professional services.
    3. Facilities, equipment, personal services, and supplies. Organization membership fees in other related and nonprofit organizations.
    4. 4. Debt service.

For additional information, see Board of Regents Policy - Guidelines for Student Governance (30-3)


Application/Budget Request

Please complete the form in its entirety.  The "2014-15 Membership" line is for the number of members in your organization.   Enter the amount of funds requested for each line item; if there is a line item for which you do not require funds, leave it blank.  The Miscellaneous expense line should be used only when an expense does not fit elsewhere.  A note explaining the need for miscellaneous budget should be included.  The Receipts area is for any potential income other than SUF (e.g., fund-raising, matching dollars, sales).  The Allocation Requested is the Total Expenditures minus the Receipts. If you have multiple Department (Organization) Codes, please complete a separate Budget Request form for each one, in addition to the Budget Request Summary for Multiple Org Codes.  If you have not previously received SUF funds, you will not enter anything into the "2014-15 Approved" column.&nbsp

Carry Over

The Carryover Request Form should only be completed for any current year allocated budget exceeding $100 which has not been spent. Anything under $100 automatically carries over into the next year.

Multiple Budget Summary Form

Please use this form if you have several organizational codes for which you will be requesting SUF funds to provide an overview of the total allocation request.  The numbers for the Salaries, Service & Supplies, and Capital columns will come from the totals for these categories on your individual Budget Request forms.  The numbers for the "Anticipated Receipts" column will come from the totals for "Receipts" on your individual Budget Request forms