Mental Health Services
UW-Whitewater recognizes that mental health concerns can interfere with daily life activities, and we are committed to supporting and advancing the mental health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff. If you or someone you know is experiencing mental health challenges, there are free and accessible resources available on campus through University Health and Counseling Services. To make a free counseling appointment, please contact 262-472-1305 during normal business hours or visit us at the Ambrose Health Center, next to the Campus Garden.
In a crisis situation, or after hours, please contact:
• University Health & Counseling After Hours: 262-472-1305
• Walworth County Crisis Line: 262-741-3200, 800-365-1587
• Jefferson County Crisis Line: 920-674-3105
• Rock County Crisis Line: 608-757-5025
• The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988 or 800-273-8255
- Counseling services can be obtained for free at Winther Counseling Services.in Winther Hall during the academic year. They offer confidential individual, couples, family and group counseling and evening options. Call 262-472-2842to schedule an appointment.
• Counseling can also be scheduled at University Health and Counseling Services throughout the year for free services on the Whitewater and Rock County campuses by calling 262-472-1305. In addition to receiving counseling, you can also reserve our Relaxation Room for stress relief or schedule a low-cost massage.
• If you are concerned about a friend, you can complete a CARE report at uww.edu/dean-of- students/reporting-forms. and someone from the Dean of Students office (262-472-1533) will reach out to them to personally offer resources and assistance.
• You can request a wellness presentation to a group about stress management, bystander training, suicide prevention, gatekeeper training, and much more! Request a presentation at uww.edu/uhcs/wellness-information/speaker-services.