The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) is an active partner in creating an accessible learning community where students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate fully in all aspects of the educational experience. Through partnership with students, faculty and staff, we promote independence and recognition of a student's ability, not disability.
- To provide services in a respectful manner, acknowledging that students have rights and responsibilities
- To promote student's autonomy and management of their services
- To promote diversity on the campus
- To recognize a student's rights to privacy and confidentiality
- To provide information in accessible formats to enable students to make informed decisions
- Offer services in a timely manner
Who we serve
CSD serves UW-Whitewater students with physical, learning, sensory, psychological, health-related, or other disabilities substantially affecting a major life activity (i.e. walking, hearing, seeing, breathing, or learning).
CSD serves faculty and staff by verifying disabilities and identifying appropriate classroom accommodations. CSD strives to provide clarity related to faculty, staff and student roles and responsibilities. CSD provides information and training to faculty and staff and collaborates on institutional initiatives related to access and universal design.