We strive to help our diverse student population eliminate financial obstacles so that they may succeed in their academic endeavors. You can use this site to learn about application instructions and deadlines, download forms, and learn about financial aid resources. For questions, view our FAQ or email us.
Once you've been accepted to UW-Whitewater, the next step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Information from the FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for institutional, federal and state financial aid programs including grants, scholarships, student loans and college work-study.
THREE Step Process:
1 Fill out the FAFSA! The priority filing data for the FAFSA is March 1st of each year; however, if you miss the priority deadline, you may apply throughout the academic year. The application is available at www.fafsa.gov. UW-Whitewater's federal school code is 003926.
2 Turn in any required documents! New students will receive a letter and continuing students will receive an email indicating any documents which must be submitted. Students may also check the To Do list on WINS. Some students may be selected for a process called verification. To inquire about the status of the student's application for aid, contact FAO at (262) 472-1130 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and student ID with your inquiry.
3Review and Accept your Award! New students will receive a paper award letter and continuing students will receive an email. Log into WINS to review and accept the aid.
News & Updates
- Fall disbursement is scheduled for Aug 31, and students should be able to see their aid posted on Sept 1. Be sure to complete all loan requirements.
- The Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID replaced the PIN as of May 10. The fastest way to get an FSA ID is by visiting the FSA ID webpage. Parents and students need an FSA ID to log into Department of Education websites.
- Need help understanding your award letter? Review the information on this page or contact our office.
- The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available. The first F in FAFSA stands for FREE! UW-Whitewater does not endorse any company which requires payment for help filing the FAFSA. If you need help, please contact our office!
- Parents looking for additional funds to help their student should consider a PLUS Loan. UWW utilizes the online application process for these loans, available by clicking here. Parents sign in using their FSA ID to complete the process and receive an instant credit check decision. 2015-2016 PLUS Loan applications are now available.
- Check your To Do list in WINS for required documents. Any required forms can be found here.
- Need help obtaining tax transcripts? Check out the Verification page for information!
- If you have not already done so, you can sign up for electronic deposit of refunds.
- Master Promissory Notes are available to sign. If you are required to sign a promissory note, you will receive an email and/or letter with instructions. Students awarded a Perkins Loan should understand this is a separate promissory note from the Direct Loan.
- First-time Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loan borrowers, remember to complete your Entrance Counseling.
- Interest rates for Federal Direct Loans can be found here.
Need help managing your money?
Check out CashCourse for tips on:
- Creating a budget
- Dealing with credit card debt
- Protecting your credit
- Planning for your financial future
Under the "Students" section, click "Register Now" to create an account.