UW-Whitewater’s Drop N Go process is quickly approaching and we’re excited to welcome you to the Warhawk family as you make campus your home. Additional information regarding Drop N Go (our official move-in process) was sent to your home address in July, but to help you prepare for a smooth #Move2UWW experience, here are some steps that you should take to make the most out of moving to campus.
The official Move-In process for University Housing is known as "Drop N Go". This program was implemented in the Fall of 2020 with great success. There is no charge for participation in Drop N Go, as this is required of all students living in the Residence Halls.
All students living in the Residence Halls are required to register for an Drop N Go appointment time to move-in for the Fall semester. During the student’s appointment time, students will receive their Residence Hall room key, and have the opportunity to move all personal items into their Residence Hall room before returning home that evening.
|Day||Date||9am - 10am||10am - 11am||11am - Noon||Noon - 1pm||1pm - 2pm||2pm - 3pm||3pm - 4pm|
This scheduling will allow for decreased traffic on campus, and increased efficiency for our families helping their Warhawk move to campus.
Sign-up for Drop N Go will begin at 9am on Wednesday, July 26 th and will remain open until Monday, August 21 st at noon. To sign up, students need to log into the Student Portal. A confirmation email will be sent to the student after their appointment time has been accepted.
• HawkCard or another valid government-issued photo ID. (This will be required to receive your room key in Parking Lot #2 during your Drop N Go appointment time).
• Bedding, blankets and pillows (Student mattresses are Twin XL size, which is 5 inches longer than a standard Twin mattress).
• Personal belongings that will help make campus feel like home, and any items that will save you time when you return to campus on September 2 nd for the academic year.
• Water (Wisconsin weather changes daily - remember to bring water to drink while you bring items into your Residence Hall room. We also have water bottle fill stations in each building).
• Be sure to check out our list of suggested items to bring to campus and also review our housing policies to know which items are prohibited in the Residence Halls. University Housing policies are enforced at all times, regardless if classes are currently in session.
• Students will receive a confirmation email with their assigned Drop N Go appointment time after their request has been approved in the Housing Student Portal.
• To ensure an efficient process during Drop N Go, please adhere to your scheduled date and time. Should you need to change your appointment date or time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Resident Assistants (RA’s) and Professional Hall Staff Members will not be available for assistance during Drop N Go. Contact the Goodhue Front desk at 262-472-4200 with any questions during this time.
• Immediately upon arriving to campus, you should drive to Parking Lot #2 to receive your room key and check-in packet. No keys will be available for you to pick up at your residence hall.
• Parking Lot #2 is located off Prince Street and is the lot between the Center of the Arts and Laurentide Hall.
• Remain in your vehicle and follow the drive through line to receive your key and check-in packet from our staff working at the purple tent.
• After you receive your room key and check-in packet, exit Parking Lot #2 and follow the signage that will direct you to your Residence Hall.
• Utilize the temporary unloading zone outside the Residence Hall to unload your items from your vehicle.
• Unloading zones allow parking for 30 minutes or less. Please move your vehicle after 30 minutes and park in the Residence Hall lot (Yellow) near your building.
• Vehicles will not need to display a parking permit in the Residence Hall lots (Yellow) during the Drop N Go dates (August 24 th - September 1 st) between 8am and 7pm each day. Vehicles left overnight in the Residence Hall lots will be required to display the appropriate parking permit.
• Parking permits can be purchased online before returning to campus at aimsparking.com. Permits will be available for pick up at Parking Services during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm).
• For additional questions regarding Parking on campus, please call Parking Services at 262-472-1011.
• After you’ve unloaded your vehicle, bring all of your belongings to your Residence Hall room.
• Carts will be available for use in the lobby of each building. Please return carts to the lobby when you are done so that others can use them.
• University owned furniture must be left in rooms and common areas to which it has been allocated. The removal of any university owned furniture from student rooms or common areas is prohibited.
• Once you have finished bringing your items into your room and are ready to leave campus, be sure to close the window/blinds, turn off the lights and lock your door upon departure. Students should keep their key until they arrive back on campus September 2 nd for the academic year. Students will not return their key after their Drop N Go appointment
• All trash should be brought outside to the garbage and recycling center for your building. Do not leave any personal items or trash in the hallway or in common areas throughout the building.
• Outside doors of the Residence Halls will be open until 7pm each day. Student e-access will not be enabled until September 2 nd, unless they are approved for Early Arrival through the process on Student Portal. More information on the Early Arrival process can be found here.
• If a student ordered a bed loft from Bedloft.com prior to August 3 rd, the loft will be set up in the room prior to Drop N Go. For questions regarding BedLoft, please contact our office at 262-472-5275.
• After Drop N Go, return home and enjoy your time before returning to campus between September 2 nd and 4 th . First year students return to campus for orientation activities beginning September 2 nd. Continuing students return to campus anytime September 2 nd - 4 th, before classes begin on September 5 th for all students.
• Students signed up for Drop N Go August 24 th - 30 th will not be permitted to remain overnight in the residence halls.
• Students signed up for Drop N Go August 31 st - September 1 st are also encouraged to go home and return to campus as indicated above, but will not be required to do so. If students have Drop N Go during these dates, they should submit an Early Arrival Request on Student Portal.
• Dining Dollars will be accepted beginning on August 26 th, 2023. Weekly meal plans will begin on September 2 nd. Visit the Dining Services website for location hours and additional information.
• When you return to campus for the academic year September 2 nd - 4 th, there’s no need to check in at your front desk. Simply go to your Residence Hall room and unlock the door using your room key that you received during Drop N Go.
• Your Resident Assistant will be stopping by to introduce themselves and answer questions on September 2 nd. Resident Assistants will also be hosting mandatory floor meetings, and organizing a floor dinner so that you can get to know your new neighbors.
• Make sure you attend both the dinner and meeting so that you can receive important information about your first week on campus.
• Due to storage space and constraints, we request that students do not start sending mail to their on-campus address prior to September 2nd, when the residence halls officially open for the academic year, unless you are an approved Early Arrival to campus.
• All USPS mail and packages are received and distributed by your individual Residence Hall desk, and mail and packages sent via any other carrier including Amazon are received and distributed by the Goodhue Front desk.
• Students should check their mailboxes- located at their Residence Hall front desk daily, as our staff will not send email notifications when regular mail is received for each student.
• Students will receive an email notification whenever a package is received for them, to let them know if their package is located at either their Residence Hall front desk or the Goodhue front desk.
• When you are sending a package or envelope via USPS to your campus address please use the following format:
Full preferred name of student (first & last name)
Room Number, Residence Hall Name
Residence Hall Street Address (can be found here)
• All Amazon packages, and any other package that is not sent via USPS should be addressed as follows:
Full preferred name of student (first & last name)
790 W. Starin Rd
Together with your Peer Mentor you’ll meet other new students, learn more about the University and become part of the Warhawk community!
Warhawk Welcome is required for new first-year students.
For additional information about Warhawk Welcome, please contact the First Year Experience Office at 262-472-3205.
Confirmation of your early arrival will be sent to you via your UW-Whitewater email account.
Once the application is approved, a non-refundable charge of $15 per day for each day prior to September 2nd, 2023 will be applied to your student bill.
Applications received after 12:00 pm on August 21st, 2023 will be assessed an additional one-time administrative fee of $20.00.
Students that are arriving as an early arrival are also required to sign up for an Drop N Go appointment to receive their Residence Hall room key. Therefore, students wishing to stay overnight on campus prior to September 2nd need to submit an early arrival application, and schedule a Drop N Go appointment.