RECENT HR NEWS
Classified Staff Advisory Council
(election results, mission statement, by-laws and frequently asked questions)
New University Personnel System DevelopmentAs a result of the 2011-2013 biennial budget, the State of Wisconsin authorized and directed the University of Wisconsin System to develop two distinct new personnel systems: one for UW-Madison employees and one for all other UW System Employees. These new systems are to be implemented July 1, 2013. For more information, and updates on the development of these systems, visit: University Personnel System Development Web Page
Proposed Implementation Decisions
During the summer (2012), the UPS Project Team reviewed the feedback in order to draft the proposed UPS implementation decisions. Stakeholder/Employee feedback helped guide the decision whether each recommendation would stay as previously proposed, would be modified, or would not be implemented on July 1, 2013. The recommendations for the University Personnel System are in their final stages and presented for stakeholder/employee comment.
The proposed UPS implementation decisions are organized in three layers of increasing detail (1) an executive summary, (2) a listing of proposed UPS implementation decisions by decision category, and (3) a detailed decision document for each proposed decision, which are linked in the listing of proposed UPS implementation decisions document under the Decision Document Number column.
Over the next few weeks UWW stakeholders will review the proposed UPS implementation decisions. The UW-Whitewater Office of Human Resources and Diversity will hold various meetings in the first two weeks of October in order to provide opportunities for collecting stakeholder/employee comments, which will be given to the UPS Project Team. In addition, any stakeholder/employee can read the recommendations here and email comments or concerns directly to the UPS Project Team using this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final stakeholder review period closes on Friday, October 19, 2012, all comments will again be reviewed and considered while the proposed UPS implementation decisions are finalized in preparation for the Board of Regents review. The first reading of the final UPS proposed implementation decisions by the Board of Regents will occur on November 8, 2012, and will be considered for final approval by the Regents at their meeting on December 7, 2012. After Board of Regents approval, the Legislative Joint Committee on Employment Relations must also review and approve the proposed UPS implementation decisions before they can be implemented across the UW System. This final step before implementation is expected to occur in February 2013.Please visit the UPS timeline for more information.
Information on the Budget Repair BillUW System Administration has received many questions regarding the impact of the 2009-11 Budget Repair Bill and is monitoring the impact of the bill on UW System employees. This site will be updated frequently as information becomes available.
UWS Repair Bill FAQ
UWSA Budget Repair Bill Information
Employee Political ActivityOSER Memo Regarding Political Activity on State Time (11/30/2011)
Report of Outside Activities
Please review the following documents regarding activities outside of UW-W employment:
Outside Activities Report Letter 2011
Chapter ER-MRS 24
Chapter UWS 8
RPD 13-5 Outside Activities - Lenders
Retirement InformationSick Leave Estimator
Health Insurance for Retirement
Planning for Retirement
Returning To Work After Retirement
CivilityThe University of Wisconsin System, along with the chancellors of the 13 universities and UW-Extension, issued the following joint statement on civility in response to the recent incidents on campuses and in surrounding communities.
We Are All Purple Website: http://www.uww.edu/news/we-are-all-purple
Coming Soon: Self Service.Self Service will revolutionize the way UW employees manage their personnel information by putting it at their fingertips where they can access it anytime. Currently, employees can find their earnings, tax, and benefits statements in the My UW System Portal. Self Service will utilize these pre-existing online functions and take information delivery to the next level. Functions of Self Service include:
- eProfile to update personal information.
- Online Benefits Enrollment for new hires and 2012 fall annual enrollment period.
- Easy access to important payroll documents.
- Online time entry for classified staff (phased rollout through 2012) and student hourly workers.
- Electronic time sheets approval for manager online.
- The ability to track leave balances and submit leave requests to managers online, and managers will have the ability to view and approve requests online.
- The ability to update current TSA contributions.
- Viewing dependent personal information, including a summary of dependent coverage.
My UW System will be a one-stop-shop for employee personnel and job relate information. For more information, go to http://hrs.uwsa.edu. Please see the HRS link to the right for more information.
- Accessing the My UW System Portal with a Mac
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- 2012 Staff Years Of Service Awards
- UWW Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- John Hancock Long Term Care Information
- FAQ on WRS Contributions
- WRS and the Economic Downturn
- Retirement and the Economic Downturn
- Tax Dependent Clarification Memo for All Employees - Revised 1/27/10
- Imputed Income Calculation (Fair Market Value for Health Insurance)
- Imputed Income and Health Insurance Benefits -Information and Calculator
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Question and Answer Guide on Covering Dependents to Age 27
- It's Your Choice Booklet (Decision Guide and Reference Guide)
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) Plan Booklet
- Video Conference on the WRS and Retirement Planning
- Retirement Savings Options
- Are you Considering Early Retirement?
- Roadmap to Retirement Planning
- ETF Presentations on WRS Benefits
- ETF Video Library - More Information
The Office of Human Resources and Diversity must be notified within 30 days of changes in family status to be eligible for benefits. This includes marriage, divorce, birth, adoption, and death of any insured members.
- Background Checks
- Change of Status
- Diversity - HR Information
- Employee Earnings Statement (My UW System)
- Employee Resources
- Insurance Forms
- Manager Resources
- New Employee Resources
- Payroll & Benefits
- Training & Development
- OFFICE INFORMATION
- 800 West Main Street
Hyer Hall 330
Whitewater, WI 53190
- Phone: 262-472-1024
- Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday