New to Campus
Welcome to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater!
We are glad to have you as part of the Warhawk community! Below is a snapshot of technology resources available for students or employees. If you experience issues with campus technology, visit the Get Help page.
- Remote Learning Resources - Check out a full website dedicated to Remote Learning Resources to help you stay on task no matter where you are!
- Citrix Virtual Apps - Access academic software from anywhere on any device!
- UW-W App - The UW-Whitewater App will hold your course schedule, agenda, and campus events. Stay organized, connect with other students, and access campus resources.
- Tech Quest - An interactive, guided tour of technology on campus, intended to ensure that all students know what technology resources are available to them, and where to find more information, and help.
- Net-ID - Your UW-Whitewater username to log in to many UW-Whitewater services.
- Wireless Network Access - Connect to the UW-W wireless network from anywhere on campus!
- Email - Official university communications, announcements, billing, and course info are sent to your UW-Whitewater email.
- Canvas - Learning Management System for UW-Whitewater.
- WINS - Allows students to register for classes, access your schedule, and view your academic advising report.
- Emergency Notifications - Get important campus alerts sent directly to your phone.
- Computer Labs - General Access & Departmental Computer Labs are available to students with a valid Net-ID.
- Printers - Located within campus computer labs.
- Storage - UW-Whitewater provides Google Apps as the recommended personal cloud storage option.
- Gaming - Register your device to connect your gaming system or streaming media player.
- LinkedIn Learning - A vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills.
Download Full Student's Guide to Technology (PDF) »
Download Full Welcome to Whitewater Guide (PDF) »
ICIT Terms and Definitions
- ICIT - Instructional, Communication and Information Technology
- WINS - Whitewater Information Network for Students (WINS is used to access student records and other student-related information)
- LTC - Learning Technology Center
- OWA - Outlook Web-Access
- VPN - Virtual Private Network
- KB - Knowledge-Base Article
- SN - ServiceNow Help Desk Catalog