Nelnet Payment, Authorized Payer and Direct Deposit Instructions:
- Monthly billing statement email notification will be sent to the students UWW email address and authorized users. Monthly billing statements will not be mailed.
- Billing and Finance charges to occur on the next business day after due date.
- For general Student Account information, visit uww.edu/adminaffairs/finance/sfs.
- Prior to enrolling for in a term, your student account must be current and have signed the Terms and Conditions. Students can access the agreement through WINS and click on Student Financial Account and Terms and Conditions. If you have a past due balance from a previous term, and are enrolled in a future term, you are at risk of having your classes cancelled.
- Be sure to keep your personal profile information updated in WINS. This will ensure any mailings and the 1098-T tax form is accurate. Visit uww.edu/adminaffairs/finance/1098t-tax-info for more details on tax-related information.
- Spring fees and due dates will not show up on your student account until the first week in January. This is to align our processes with the IRS reporting requirements.
- 1.25% finance charge will be assessed per monthly billing cycle to charges past due that are not on the Netnet payment plan (self enrolled) This will be charged on any past due balance greater than $200.
- 1% finance charge will be assessed per monthly billing cycle for any amounts placed on the Netnet payment plan (self enrolled) Federal Title IV loans and Pell grants are prohibited from paying finance charges. Should you have these charges on your account and show an excess of federal aid, your refund will be delayed unless these charges are paid. Your Federal Title IV loan and Pell grant will pay tuition, room, meals, and course fees only. To authorize Student Accounts to pay non-tuition educational charges as well, go through WINS and click on ‘Financial Aid’ and click on ‘Student Permissions’, then authorize. Visit uww.edu/adminaffairs/finance/sfs#FAQ for more information on Federal Title IV aid.
- A Nelnet Payment Plan (self enrolled) is available to students and authorized payers.
- Scholarship checks should be turned into Cashier's Office, Hyer Hall, 104, at least 10 business days prior to term due date to allow for processing. Scholarships received after this date will still be processed but finance charges may be incurred.
- UW-Whitewater participates in the Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue Tax Refund Interception and Statewide Debt Collection Programs. Past due balances are referred for collection.
- For questions about housing charges, contact University Housing at email@example.com or 262-472-4255.
- For questions about dining options and meal plans, contact the Hawk Card office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-472-1437.
- For questions about financial aid or other options to pay for your education expenses, contact the Financial Aid office at email@example.com or 262-472-1130.
- For more information related to billing and your student account, please visit uww.edu/adminaffairs/finance/sfs. To contact the Student Accounts office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-472-1373.