Records & Verifications

To conveniently serve students, prospective employers and other organizations that require degree and enrollment information, the UW-Whitewater has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for confirmation of student enrollment and degree verifications. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Student Access

Currently enrolled students who need enrollment verifications for loan deferments, insurance coverage, Social Security, etc., should obtain their formal statement of attendance by printing the National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment Verification offered through WINS. This service is free of charge. By printing this enrollment certificate, you do NOT need to obtain verification from the Registrar's Office.

Third Party Rquests

The following link is intended for employers, credit card companies, scholarships, insurance companies and other agencies. To access information verifying UW-Whitewater student enrollment, dates of attendance and degree verifications, you may link to the National Student Clearinghouse.

Students may purchase a copy of their diploma should extenuating circumstances cause the need for a replacement or if a duplicate diploma is desired.  Please fill out the form included below. 

Address requests to: Graduation, Registrar's Office, UW-Whitewater, 800 West Main St. Whitewater, WI 53190  

NOTE: Diplomas will not be issued if a student has a hold or outstanding obligation to the University.  

For questions about the Replacement Diploma process, please contact the Registrar's Office.

Replacement Diploma Request Form


Regular Service - $25.00
Processed the last Friday of the Month. Requests are due 2 days prior (end-of-day Wednesday).

Rush Service - $50.00
Please allow 24-48 hours for rush service processing.  Diploma may be picked up or mailed. Rush fees will only be charged once for multiple diploma copies.

Same-Day Service - $75.00
Available for pick up only.  Orders must be submitted before 2 p.m. Same day fees will only be charged once for multiple diploma copies.

Grade reports are available on-line through WINS

Students may also request a grade report through the mail by completing the downloadable PDF form below, printing it, signing it, and mailing it along with a double-stamped self-addressed envelope.

Address requests to: Grade Requests, Registrar's Office, UW-Whitewater, 800 West Main St. Whitewater, WI 53190.

Grade Report Request Form

FERPA rights cease upon a student's death. Accordingly, the disposition of UW-Whitewater education records pertaining to a deceased student is not a FERPA issue but a matter of institutional policy. UW-Whitewater does not permit the release of education record information of a deceased student for 25 years after his/her death unless authorized by the executor/executrix of the deceased student's estate, or the student's parents, or the student's next of kin if the student's parents are also deceased and an executor/executrix has not been appointed. However, deceased student educational records may be shared with UW-Whitewater school officials who have a legitimate educational interest as defined in the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater FERPA policy. Records may also be made available for UW-Whitewater research purposes.

For questions regarding this policy or to acquire information regarding how submit a records request, please contact the Registrar's Office.