Diversity Curriculum Committee
- To promote better diversity in curricular content and process. To review and develop proposals for changes in policies on diversity issues affecting curricular matters.
- To recommend diversity-related change proposals to the committees involved in curricular approval process, including General Education Review Committee, University Curriculum Committee, Graduate Council, and Race and Ethnic Studies program.
- To collaborate with other committees and entities for making progress on diversity issues.
- To review course proposals seeking Diversity Credit and to make recommendations to the University Curriculum Committee concerning course proposals seeking Diversity Credit.
- To take a leadership role in fostering a range of diversity-related experiences on campus.
9 voting members and 4 non-voting members
- One faculty member elected by and from each constituency (The College of Arts and Communication & Library constituency representation should come from the College, not Library.):
- College of Arts and Communication
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- College of Integrated Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
- One faculty or academic staff member, elected by and from the Library in even years.
- Two faculty members elected (one in even years, and the other, in odd years) by and from the faculties of humanities and social sciences, e.g., from the departments of: Languages and Literatures, Geography, History, Philosophy and Religious Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, and Women Studies, and Anthropology.
- One faculty member appointed (in odd years) by and from the Race & Ethnic Studies Program.
One non-voting faculty member elected by and from each of the following committees:
- General Education Review Committee (elected in odd years)
- University Curriculum Committee (elected in even years),
- Graduate Council (elected in odd years)
- Race & Ethnic Studies Program Advisory Committee (elected in even years)
Two year staggered terms, members to be elected as indicated.
-Adopted at All-Faculty Meeting (Extraordinary Session) on 4/2/2019
page revised 2022-02-23