Case Manager- Health & Counseling Services- 13383
Health & Counseling Services
The University Health & Counseling Services seeks a Case Manager.
This is a .75 FTE position in the Counseling department of University Health & Counseling Services. The person holding this position will hold a terminal degree in social work or counseling. This position is responsible for providing a full range of psychological, educational, training and consultation services. The staff counselor must work collaboratively with UHCS staff and the broader campus community.
- Terminal masters in clinical social work or counseling or related field with ability to achieve licensure
- Experience in higher education is preferred
- Licensed as a LCSW/LPC/LP preferred; If licensed, eligibility for Wisconsin reciprocity is required
- Experience in providing crisis management/suicide risk assessments is preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and have the ability to relate to a diverse university community
- Provide coverage and/or back-up for walk in appointments for five shifts per week
- Be available for on-call consultation/intervention for university personnel regarding students in acute emotional distress
- Consultation with providers, faculty, staff and UW-Whitewater students and their families regarding student mental health needs and current mental health issues
- Provide short-term group counseling/therapy/risk management for a small caseload of ongoing clients
- Coordinate referral process for students beyond scope of service including assisting other clinicians who are seeking to hospitalize their clients
- Build relationships with referral sources and provide coordination to UHCS staff regarding referral resources
- Provide supervision for counseling interns as appropriate
- Participation in building and university wide committees as appropriate
- Coordinate UHCS participation in the Campus Assessment Response and Evaluation (CARE) team. CARE is the Behavioral Intervention Team for UW-Whitewater
- Participate in a minimum of one UHCS outreach initiative each academic semester
- Ethical practice is to be guided by the code of ethics of the clinician’s respective professional organization
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director of UHCS
- Be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
- Administrative supervision is received from the Executive Director of UHCS
- Clinical supervision/consultation is collegial and shared
- Clinical supervision exercised with masters level interns, doctoral level psychology interns, or social work field placement students
- Participates with other clinical staff in peer review and peer consultation
University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS) is a merged health and counseling center that provides physical health, mental health and wellness services to enrolled students. UHCS is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). The mission of UHCS is: Building the foundation for life-long learning and wellness by providing high quality physical and mental health care, outreach, and consultation for our diverse campus community.SPECIAL NOTES:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is a regional comprehensive university with an enrollment of more than 12,000 students. UW-Whitewater has reached record enrollment four of the last five years and offers 50 majors in four colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 15 master's degree programs and recently added a Doctorate of Business Administration. UW-Whitewater students achieve excellence in the classroom and on the playing field. In the 2014-15 Academic Year, UW-Whitewater was the first university in NCAA history at any level to win national championships in football, basketball and baseball in a single year. The campus offers more than 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin. UW- Whitewater is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. - See more at: http://www.uww.edu/news
UW-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System. Located in a community of 14,622 residents near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin, Whitewater is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.
Qualified veterans with a 30% or more service-connected disability are eligible for non-competitive appointment to permanent positions in classified civil service under s. 230.275, WI Stats. Ask the Human Resources contact listed on any job announcement for information on how to apply under this provision. Current State of Wisconsin employees are not eligible for non-competitive appointment.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and all veterans.
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants for positions may indicate in writing that his or her identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statutes 19.36 (7)(a).
UW-Whitewater conducts criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 28, 2017 are ensured full consideration
. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Medical Program Assistant - Associate
email@example.com TO APPLY:
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
The Job ID is: 13383.
- Letter of Interest
- Three letters of recommendation and contact information for references (can be same as letter writers)
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs