Assistant Football Coach/HPERC Lecturer - Intercollegiate Athletics - 15197
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics/the College of Education seeks an Assistant Coach/Lecturer (Assistant Football Coach (Offensive Coordinator)/HPERC Lecturer).
The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in the planning, recruiting, coaching, developing, implementing, communication and administering of his/her program to achieve University and Department objectives and fulfill teaching duties within the HPERC Department. Goals and objectives are to be developed prior to the beginning of each season with the Head Coach. Exhibit behavior that enhances the respect for the student-athletes, the athletics program, the University, and yourself in the conduct of your professional responsibilities. You are required to assist in the direction and control of your program in accordance with NCAA, WIAC, and University rules and regulations. Violation of University, NCAA or Conference rules on the part of Athletic Department personnel may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Reports to Head Coach and HPERC Chair. Will maintain good working relationship with Head Coach, Athletic Director, HPERC Chair, Athletic Trainers, Strength & Conditioning Coordinator, Athletic Department Support Staff, and other Department and University personnel.
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education or related field completed at time of application.
- Three or more years collegiate football coaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Five or more years collegiate football coaching experience
- College football offensive coordinating experience
- Experienced college football recruiter
- Video and social media programming for collegiate football program
- Fundraising experience
- Summer football camp administrative experience
- Dedicated to building a student-athlete centered learning culture
RESPONSIBILITIES:A. General Administration of Program/HPERC and Campus Involvement:
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations, including necessary training and drills.
- Adhere to all rules and guidelines of the NCAA, WIAC and University.
- Assist head coach to plan and direct the development of student-athletes in relation to general and specific skills necessary for successful competition.
- Adhere to all athletic training measures for the safety and welfare of student-athletes.
- Assist with scheduling, conduct, and management of intercollegiate athletics contests.
- Assist with Instructing student-athletes in the principles and rules of the sport, WIAC and University policies.
- Schedule, prepare, and supervise all team practices, travel and activities in the absence of the head coach.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development seminars, and assist with total program issues.
- Represent the head coach at WIAC and NCAA meetings in their absence.
- Assist head coach to ensure the safety, maintenance and preparation of the playing and practice areas for all student-athletes.
- Assist with the monitoring of the academic progress of the student-athletes on your team ensuring that normal progress is made toward the attainment of the degree.
- Assist the head coach with the development of outreach activities which support and enhance the athletics program, individual sports, and university.
- Assist with recruitment and recommendation of student-athletes to the University.
- Complete recruiting logs on a monthly basis.
- Interact with admissions personnel in the recruitment policies and procedures for the University.
D. General Administration of Program/HPERC and Campis Involvement:
- Assist the head coach with fund raising projects needed to support program.
- Assist the head coach with support and promotion of sport.
- Assist with the total program support through Athletic Department activities and events.
- Teaching/College of Education:
- Carry out teaching responsibilities within the Department of HPERC according to standards established by the department.
- Attend Departmental meetings and support Department outreaches.
- Maintain regular weekly office hours.
- Scholarly and Professional Activity:
- Attend job-related clinics and conferences.
- Maintain current membership in professional organizations.
- University and Community Service:
- Serve on department and university committees as needed.
- Serve as a resource to the community in areas of expertise.
*Assume other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or HPERC Chair.
*This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing institutional and departmental objectives and conveys the primary functions and responsibilities of the position.
*UW-Whitewater is an AA/EEO employer, and actively seeks or encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, persons with disabilities, and all veterans.CAMPUS INFORMATION:
) is the largest regional comprehensive university within the UW System and enjoys a reputation as a high quality residential campus located near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin. UW-Whitewater is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. UW-Whitewater is located in the community of Whitewater, which has 14,622 residents and is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. The university enrolls more than 12,000 students in more than 50 majors housed within four academic colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 16 master’s degrees and a Doctorate in Business Administration. The university’s strategic plan can be found at: www.uww.edu/strategic-plan
. It has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university and member of WIAC (http://wiacsports.com
). The campus has over 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin.
UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-Whitewater Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.
To learn more about UW-Whitewater's competitive benefits packages go to our: ALEX webpage, which is our interactive benefits decision support tool.SPECIAL NOTES:
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (http://www.uww.edu/orsp
) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys (https://www.wisys.org
). CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources. TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by February 13, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Assistant Athletic DirectorCallahanRM19@uww.edu
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
This Job ID is 15197.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Three Professional/Supervisory References
- Unofficial Transcripts
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here and type in the Job ID: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here and type in the Job ID: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.
Apply Online FAQs