On this page, you will find information on CSD’s Canvas resource, as well as any upcoming webinars and presentations. If you would like to request a staff member to attend a departmental meeting, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-472-4711.
Using your UWW log in credentials, you will be able to see:
- Student accommodation notifications
- Testing contracts and requests (including the links to upload your tests!)
- Notetaker info and uploaded notes
Instructions for using this feature may be found HERE. For questions, please contact the Center for Students with Disabilities. You will still receive emails as before, but will have continued access to the same information through the Faculty Portal.
Explore topics related to working with students with disabilities and the CSD, as well as access additional resources. We will be adding and updating materials, as well as using the Announcements feature to share upcoming events. You will need to self-enroll in this resource to access the information.
Sample Syllabus Statements
Below are two sample statements regarding accommodations to include in your course syllabus. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding what information should be included in your syllabus.
- The Center for Students with Disabilities: University of Wisconsin Whitewater strives to make all learning experiences as accessible as possible. If you anticipate or experience academic barriers based on your disability (including mental health, chronic or temporary medical conditions), please let The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) know immediately at 262-472-4711. CSD will privately discuss the options you have. You are welcome to register with The Center for Students with Disabilities by going to CSD and filling out the application for services. Once you have your accommodations approved by CSD, please arrange to meet with the instructor as soon as possible to discuss the implementation of your accommodations.
- The University of Wisconsin Whitewater requires that students with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to ensure their equal access to course content. Qualified students with disabilities who will require accommodations in this class are encouraged to make their requests to me at the beginning of the semester either during office hours or by appointment. Note: Prior to receiving accommodations, verification of eligibility from the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) is required. Disability information is confidential. You can find the application for services here or in CSD Office, 2002 Andersen Library.