Front End Developer - Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (iCIT) - 13744
The Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) Department seeks a Front End Web Developer.
This position performs front end developer tasks under general supervision of the Web Coordinator. Duties include: system analysis, design functions and programming tasks, as well as consulting with, assisting, and instructing functional users in the use of Information System applications and tools.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience programming with object-oriented techniques using C#/ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC for web application development.
- Experience using CSS and table-less HTML to create web pages and template from graphic designs.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience using current versions of Visual Studio.
- Experience designing relational database tables, views, and relationships, writing complex SQL queries, and developing against SQL Server database.
- Knowledge of web development design concepts.
- Knowledge of browser behaviors including Internet Explorer, Firefox and other emerging web browsers for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES:60% A. Website Development, Infrastructure Administration, Configuration and Coding
- Experience with implementing Web Accessibility standards.
- Experience documenting user requirements with use case diagrams.
- Experience implementing all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- A 4-year undergraduate degree in computer science or related degree.
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience working in Ingeniux
30% B. User and production support and maintenance
- Use responsive design techniques to ensure content adapts appropriately to mobile devices and browsers
- Understand and apply browser specific compatibility issues and Web accessibility requirements
- Manage, configure, update, and maintain the Web CMS and other enterprise web systems, in coordination with other iCIT and external vendor teams
- Analyze and maximize the implemented search functionality
- Construct reusable page templates in the Web CMS using page components and standardized designs.
5% C. Project Planning and Management
- Manage user accounts and permissions for enterprise web systems and applications.
- Maintain existing applications as necessary to ensure data integrity, standards compliance and information relevance.
- Analyze software release notes/read me files to identify and communicate relevant features, bug fixes, and changes.
- Coordinate software upgrades or problem resolutions with functional users in departments, vendors, and other iCIT units.
- Provide documentation for customers on the use of iCIT-developed applications.
- Provide Tier 2 support to enterprise web systems users.
- Review log files to identify errors and anomalies, recommend solutions, and implement recommendations
5% D. Participate in professional development programs.
- Follow Software Development best practices for assigned, projects, including the development for formal project plans, the identification and estimation of tasks, and the establishment of timelines.
- Communicate information and requests to project team members, management, and impacted parties in a timely manager using appropriate methods.
- Develop detailed implementation plans for the installation of web systems, in conjunction with other iCIT teams.
- Design and develop tests and testing procedures, document test criteria, and conduct tests according to plans, and document results.
- Instruct staff in information systems techniques and new methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Read articles to improve understanding of existing and new information technologies.
- Attend appropriate seminars, classes, training sessions, and workshops to increase technical knowledge and communication skills.
- Will be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
) is the largest regional comprehensive university within the UW System and enjoys a reputation as a high quality residential campus located near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin. UW-W is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. UW-W is located in the community of Whitewater, which has 14,622 residents and is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. The university enrolls more than 12,000 students in 50 majors housed within four academic colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 16 master’s degrees and a Doctorate in Business Administration. The university’s strategic plan can be found at: http://www.uww.edu/strategic-plan
. It has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of university design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university and member of WIAC (http://wiacsports.com
). The campus has over 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin.
UW-W is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.SPECIAL NOTES:
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (http://www.uww.edu/orsp
) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys (https://www.wisys.org
). TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by December 22, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Office Operations Associate
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
This Job ID is 13744.
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three Professional References
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicant
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs