Event Services Manager - University Center - 18164 - UPDATED
This posting is no longer available.
The University Center at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater seeks an Event Services Manager (Customer Serivce Manager, DS015)
Academic staff positions are provided fixed term appointments with annual renewals unless otherwise noted. Reappointment for subsequent terms is dependent upon performance, university funding and external forces.
The Event Services Manager assists in implementing various events and programs by working directly with, training, and scheduling the technology crew (Tech Crew). Works with, specifies, and maintains sound, lighting, audio visiual (AV) and other technical presentation systems and trains staff to operate these systems in a variety of campus settings. Serves as a staff member for University Center (UC) Reservations and reports to the Assistant Director for Facilities. This position requires a mix of day and evening hours based on office and event staffing needs.
General supervision is received from the UC Assistant Director for Facilities
Supervision is exercised over student staff
- Bachelors Degree in Operations, Communications, Arts Management, Safety Studies, Audio Engineering, or related field OR 3 years of professional audio, AV system, and lighting installation, maintenance, and operation experience
- Experience and technical knowledge of operation, design, maintenance, and installation of audio, lighting, and AV technologies
- Excellent communication skills sufficient to express ideas and agreements concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of constituencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating educationally purposeful safe events
- Experience supervising student employees
- Teaching experience
- Avixa CTS Technology Certification
- Experience with 25Live software
- Experience working with multicultural (underrepresented race/ethnic) and disadvantaged (first generation, low socio-economic status) and underrepresented populations
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Assist the Assistant Director for Facilities with equipment servicing, ordering, budgeting, and resources inventory and reporting
- Design, support, install, and maintain UC AV systems
- Participate in ongoing AV technology professional development
- Hire, train, schedule, and oversee Tech Crew regarding building and event management, related audio, lighting, AV, and related presentation systems and software
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and training for Tech Crew
- Serves as a member of the UC Reservations Office staff.
- Assists with events sponsored by the department, facilitation of fall & spring training, hiring, scheduling, supervising & evaluation of student employees
- Attends weekly building use, staff, and other meetings as assigned
- Assist with the coordination of UC and campus opening activities
- Assists with event support when reservation volume indicates additional staffing or expertise
- Assists the Assistant Director for Facilities with UC facility general quality control issues (spot check setups, signage, cleanliness, postings, and other items as needed)
- Assists Assistant Director for Facilities providing special event advising to customers and clients
- Serves as back up to the Assistant Director for Facilities
- Participate in training on campus 25Live room scheduling system and serve as emergency backup to the UC Reservationist as needed
- Serve as staff for events sponsored by the department, and other duties as assigned. Duties include lifting AV equipment, working at heights, and driving university vehicles
- Serves on the committees and events as assigned, ie: UC Building Use, UC Staff, UC Programming, Warhawk Welcome, Warhawks at Night
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating educationally purposeful safe events
- Completes other duties as assigned
Founded in 1868, UW–Whitewater is one of eleven comprehensive universities in a public higher education system that also includes two doctoral institutions and a statewide Extension. UW-Whitewater’s main campus is located in Whitewater, with a branch campus in Rock County, in the city of Janesville. Together, these campuses form a preeminent academic institution driven by the pursuit of knowledge, powered by a spirit of innovation, and focused on transforming lives. UW-Whitewater’s campuses are located conveniently near Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago, and thus offer the advantage of beautiful small-town environments with easy access to the cultural and commercial opportunities of major metropolitan areas.
The Warhawk family — led by caring faculty and staff — is devoted to student success within a broad range of academic programs offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels. These include both on-campus and online programs, and span the disciplines, from the theoretical to the applied, and encompass study in the arts, business, education, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, technology, and professional and interdisciplinary programs.
UW-Whitewater has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the nation. The campuses have more than 200 student organizations and UW-Whitewater’s intercollegiate athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division-III level. UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 13-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
Per Regent Policy Document 20-19, University of Wisconsin System Criminal Background Check Policy and UW System Administrative Policy 1275 Recruitment Policies, UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-Whitewater Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr
. If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Well-qualified candidates can expect a salary commensurate with the candidate’s education, related experience, and qualifications.
UW System employees receive an excellent benefit package. To learn more about the UW System’s comprehensive benefit package, review the UW System Employee Benefits Brochure.
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles (http://www.uww.edu/leap
) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices (https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices
). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (http://www.uww.edu/orsp
) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys (https://www.wisys.org
). CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources. UW-Whitewater is not an e-verify employer, therefore STEM extensions are not options for work authorization.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by April 25, 2022
are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment or if you are unable to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at (262) 472-1072 or email@example.com
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
University Center Financial Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org TO APPLY:
Only complete application packages will be considered. This includes online submission of the following documents:
This Job ID is 18164.
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for three professional references
Application Link: click here and type in the Job ID: Application
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.
Apply Online FAQs