international students walking with Willie Warhawk


We are happy you are considering the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. We are proud of our campus and look forward to the opportunity to assist you. If you have questions we haven't covered, you may contact us any time via email:

You should apply as an international transfer if:

  • You are not a US citizen or legal permanent resident
  • You want to pursue an undergraduate degree
  • You are enrolled in or have earned credits at a higher education institution either in the US or in a foreign country

If you are transferring to UW-Whitewater from another school in the US, we will send you a link to an electronic Transfer In form upon admission. 

Submit an application at and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee:

  • Submit application first and then send the supporting documents. That would facilitate the processing of all the materials.
  • Make sure your name on the application is the same as it appears in your passport
  • Make sure that the Permanent Home Address is your home country address even if you currently live in the US
  • Your Mailing Address can be your US address if you have one
  • If you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), you can leave that field blank

Submit an official evaluation by ECEWES ,China Credential Services and OneEarthEvaluation of completion of secondary level of education. Please request an evaluation that includes a GPA. We do not accept evaluations by other companies.

    Submit post-secondary academic records. Please see below on how to submit those dependng on where you took undergraduate courses. 

    If you study outside US:

    If you study at a US institution:

    •  You must send the official transcript from your US colleges directly to UW Whitewater. We will not accepts transcripts submitted by the applicants themselves.

    o   If your US college can send transcripts electronically (e.g., via Parchment, eScrip or ClearingHouse), they can send those to

    o   If they can only send transcripts via regular mail, they can send those to:

    Attn: International Admissions, 800 W Main St, Roseman Building, Office of Admissions, Whitewater, WI USA 53190

    We can consider applicants on in-progress coursework. However, if admitted, you must provide official high school completion document prior to the start of your second semester at UW-Whitewater. You will not be able to register for the second semester until we receive those documents.


    Submit one satisfactory score from our accepted scores list.

    •  Our code at ETS for TOEFL submission is 1921
    • You can send a clear scan of your own copy of IELTS Test Report Form
    • For submission instructions of other scores on our accepted list please contact

    Submit the Certification of Finances Form

    • You can send the filled form electronically to
    • If you have more than one sponsor, each of the sponsors should sign a separate Certification of Finance

    Submit a bank statement showing enough liquid funds to cover the total cost outlined here

    • You can send the bank statement electronically to
    • The bank statement must be issued within 6 months of intended start date
    • The bank statement must be in the name(s) of your sponsor(s)
    • If more than one person owns the account on the bank statement, each of the account holders must sign a separate Certification of Finances


    Submit the biographical page in your passport electronically to

    The university's core values are used as a guide to interpreting the contents of each application presented for admission, and a comprehensive review of all materials is performed for each applicant before making an admission decision. Both the academic and nonacademic factors present in an application are used to make an admission decision. Academic records are reviewed based on a minimum 2.0 (4.0 system) cumulative grade point average (GPA) having a minimum of 12 transferable credits for transfer student admission. Requirements may be higher if you are planning to enroll in certain academic programs or during periods of enrollment limitation. Please see transfer grade point average requirements for these requirements.  Non-academic factors include, but are not limited to, leadership, community service, creativity, special talents, and personal characteristics that contribute to the strengths and diversity of the university. The most competitive candidates for admission to UW-Whitewater typically possess positive factors in their application that are both academic and nonacademic in nature. Students who are enrolled in their first semester or who will not complete 12 transferable credits will be evaluated using transfer and new freshman admission criteria.

    Once your application is complete, we will prepare a transfer credit evaluation for you.

    • If you are attending a college outside US, we will need clear scans of the syllabus for each course taken.

    o   If the syllabi are not issued in English, we will need the official English translation.

    •  We will convert your prior courses to the UW-Whitewater course numbering system.

    o   When a transfer course is determined to be equivalent to a Whitewater class, a specific Whitewater course number will appear on the evaluation.

    o   If the course(s) you completed are not directly equivalent to UW-Whitewater classes, you will be awarded elective credit.

    o   Courses that are considered non-transferable to UW-Whitewater will not appear on this evaluation. 

    • All credits will be reviewed for transfer to UW-Whitewater if the courses were completed at a regionally accredited college or university.

    We recommend submitting the online application and all the supporting materials prior to these dates:

    • Fall semester start: 15th of July
    • Spring semester start: 1st of December

    Applications received after that date may be considered, however, admission will depend on the amount of time available for visa processing.  

    Contact us!