To: UW-Whitewater Faculty, Deans, and Department Chairs
From: Susan Elrod, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost for Academic Affairs
James Hartwick, Chair Faculty Senate
Patricia Fragola, Chair Academic Staff Assembly
Subject: Posting Syllabi - Faculty Senate Resolution 945-12 and Academic Staff Assembly ASAR 1516.8
Date: August 18, 2016
In accordance with the UW-Whitewater Faculty Senate (Resolution 945-12) and Academic Staff Assembly (ASAR 1516.8), instructors of every course are required to submit an updated syllabus every semester. Syllabi need to be uploaded as PDF files using the Online Syllabus Database or submitted directly to Andersen Library in paper form. PDF (Portable Document Format) files are the only format supported by the Online Syllabus Database.
Instructors may choose one of the following options when submitting a syllabus and making it available:
1) digitally, but limited to users with UW-Whitewater Net-ID (the default option);
2) digitally to the public-at-large (choose “make this syllabus public” option); or
3) in the library, and limited to users with UW-Whitewater Net-ID (choose “paper copy only” option).
As such, syllabi will be accessible only to users with a UW-Whitewater Net-ID, unless explicitly marked "public" by the instructor. However, please be aware that any and all syllabi may be released in response to a public records request.
For all three options above, go to http://courses.uww.edu/Syllabi/Manage to upload digital syllabi or to indicate that you will submit a syllabus to the library.
Questions regarding syllabus uploading and website issues can be directed to the Help Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling EXT.: 4357.
Questions or issues regarding the “paper copy only” option can be directed to the Andersen Library Circulation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling EXT.: 551
1. How to use the system: The Online Syllabus Database is easy to use. Go to courses.uww.edu, login using your UW-Whitewater Net-ID, and click "Log On" as shown below
2. After logging in, click on SYLLABI, as shown below:
3. On the ensuing page, select the option "Upload by Instructor":
4. Enter your name in the "Instructor Search" field and click the "Search" button:
5. The result will be displayed as shown in the screen below. Click on "View Sections" link:
6. The screenshot below displays all the sections where you are an instructor. Select the section you wish to upload the Syllabus for and click "Continue." The syllabus on the next page will be uploaded for all of the courses you selected.
7. Select the file you want to upload by clicking the "Browse" button and browsing to the file on your computer. Once selected, click the "Save" button.
Result of User Clicking the Paper Copy Only is shown below
Click on Online Syllabi Help to access online and video tutorials for the Online Syllabi.
Thank you for taking time to post your syllabi.