The excellence of our students and alumni characterize the quality of our academic programs. Ten doctoral candidates were the first to graduate from the Doctorate of Business Administration program in December of 2017. As these alumni and members of more recent cohorts excel in both academia and private industry, it is evident the UW-Whitewater DBA program prepares students to perform at a higher level in their organizations, to conduct applied research, or to transition to academic careers.
Many of our graduates' theses are available for review at Minds@UW.
Appointments and Promotions
- Tim Hager: Associate Director of Health Economics and Outcomes Research in Medical Affairs at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (2022)
- Camelia Clarke '19: President of Paradise Memorial Funeral and Cremation Services; Elected to the Board of Directors of Federated Insurance Companies (2022)
- Henry Balani '17: Principal of the Blockchain Advisory Institute (2018); Adjunct Professor of Law at Case Western Reserve University of Law (2018); Adjunct Professor at Northern Illinois University (2018)
- Beth Borgen '20: President of Lakeland University (2020)
- Andy Dahl '17: President-Elect for the Collegiate Chapters Council of the American Marketing Association (2020-2021); Google Academic Panel Member (2018)
- Julia Davidyan '17: Assistant Professor at Nova Southeastern University (2020)
- Amy Fairfield '20: Assistant Professor of Finance at Bellarmine University (2021)
- David Gray '17: Professor of Accounting at North Central College (2019)
- Aaron Kinney '17: Executive Director of the Cardiac Service Line at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (2016); Adjunct Instructor at Marquette University (2019)
- John Muraski '17: Assistant Professor at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, College of Business (2017)
- Elizabeth Manser Payne '18: Assistant Professor at University of South Dakota, Beacon School of Business (2019)
- Colleen O'Brien '18: Associate Professor at Carthage College (2021)
- Ronald Pegram '20: Adjunct Faculty at Concordia University-Chicago (2021)
- Amelia Ruzzo '17: Appointed to Board of Directors of Intellicheck (2019)
- Ralph Turner '18: Promoted to Chief Operating Officer of Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital (2019)
- Brian Vander Schee '20: Associate Clinical Professor of Marketing at Indiana University, Kelley School of Business - Indianapolis (2021)
- Jason Woldt '18: Assistant Professor at University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, College of Business (2019)
- Zaifeng Fan, Jeff Jump, Yiuman Tse, Linda Yu,. (2023). Volatility in US dairy futures markets, Journal of Commodity Markets, Volume 29
- Chitavi, M., Cohen, L., & Hagist, S.C.N. (2021). Kenya is becoming a global hub of FinTech innovation. Harvard Business Review. 18 Feb 21.
- Dahl, A., Milne, G., Peltier, J. (2021). Digital health information seeking in an omni-channel environment: A shared decision-making and service-dominant logic perspective. Journal of Business Research, (2021/3), 125, 840-850.
- Degnan, O. & Munoz, J.M. (2021). The Geometry of Organizational AI Culture. California Management Review (University of California, Berkeley), 24 June 2021.
- Fairfield, A. (2021). A Study of CFO and CEO Attributes: Cash and Operating Cycles as Determinant Measures of Success. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 21(4), 96-116.
- Kinney, A. & Sankaranarayanan, B. (2021). Effects of Patient Portal Use on Patient Satisfaction: Survey and Partial Least Squares Analysis. Journal of Medical Internet Research. Volume 23, No. 8 (2021).
- Manser Payne, E., Dahl, A., Peltier, J. (2021) Digital servitization value co-creation framework for AI services: A research agenda for digital transformation in financial services ecosystems. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 15(2), 200-222.
- O'Brien, C., Tourigny, L., & Payne, E. H. M. (2021). Personality and responses to Covid-19 health and safety prevention. Personality and Individual Differences. Volume 181, 111013.
- Pegram, R. (2021). Performative allyship looks good but genuine trust takes time. The Executive Leadership Council: A Research Journal for Black Professionals. Winter 2021.
- Premti, A., Jafarinejad, M., & Balani, H. (2021). The Impact of the Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive on the Valuation of EU Banks. Research in International Business and Finance, 2021, 101397.
- Simha, A., Ahmed, S., Prasad, R., Dinesh, A.S. Kandasamy, A., & Rao, N.P. (2021). Effect of national cultural dimensions and consumption rates on stigma toward alcohol and substance use disorders. International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 00207640211028611.
- Twesme, E.E., Werner, J.M., & Simha, A. (2021). Can We Talk? Improving Employee Contextual Performance Using Motivating Language and Feedback Orientation. International Journal of Business Communication. August 2021.
- Peltier, J., Dahl, A., Swan, E. (2020). Digital information flows across a B2C/C2C continuum and technological innovations in service ecosystems: A service-dominant logic perspective. Journal of Business Research, (2020/12), 121, 724-734.
- Degnan, O. & Munoz, J.M. (2020). Five ways to an effective AI corporate strategy. California Management Review (University of California, Berkeley), 05 Feb 2020.
- Gray, D.L. (2020). Are operating lease costs sticky for retail firms? Advances in Management Accounting, 32, 75-100.
- Simha, A., Prasad, R., Ahmed, S., & Rao, N.P. (2020). Effect of gender and clinical-financial vulnerability on mental distress due to COVID-19. Archive of Women's Mental Health. 23(6), 775-777.
- Vander Schee, B.A., Peltier, J., Dahl, A. (2020) Antecedent consumer factors, consequential branding outcomes and measures of online consumer engagement: Current research and future research directions. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 14(2), 239-268.
- Balani, H. (2019). Assessing the introduction of anti-money laundering regulations on bank stock valuation: An empirical analysis. Journal of Money Laundering Control, 22 (1), 76-88.
- Dahl, A, Barber, K, Peltier, JW. (2019). Social media’s effectiveness for activating social declarations and motivating personal discussions to improve organ donation consent rates. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 13(1), 47-61.
- Gray, D. & Daly, A. (2019). Home Technology Innovations, Inc.: Transitioning to the New Lease Accounting Standard. Journal of Accounting Education, 49(100636).
- Swan, E., Dahl, A., Peltier, J. (2019). Health-care marketing in an omni-channel environment: Exploring telemedicine and other digital touchpoints. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 13(4), 602-618.
- Woldt, J.J., Prasad, S., & Tata, J. (2019). Supply chain management, national culture, and refugee network performance. Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Dahl, AJ, D’Alessandro, AM, Peltier, JW, Swan, EL. (2018). Differential effects of omni-channel touchpoints and digital behaviors on digital natives’ social cause engagement. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 12 (3), 258-273.
- Dahl, AJ, Peltier, JW, Schibrowsky, JA. (2018). Critical thinking and reflective learning in the marketing education literature: A historical perspective and future research needs. Journal of Marketing Education, 40(2), 101-116. Received 2018 Outstanding Article of the Year award from Journal of Marketing Education.
- Dahl, AJ, Peltier, JW, Milne, GR. (2018). Development of a value co-creation wellness model: The role of physicians and digital information seeking on health behaviors and health outcomes. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 52(3), 562-594. Received Best Article of the Year award from Journal of Consumer Affairs
- Davidyan, J.Y., & Waymire, T.R. (2018). The effect of GAAP conformity on pension underfunding. Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management.
- Manser Payne, E., Peltier, J., & Barger, V. A. (2018). Mobile Banking and AI-Enabled Mobile Banking: The differential effects of technological and non-technological Factors on digital natives’ perceptions and behavior. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 12(3).
- Balani, H. (2017). What faster payments mean for anti-money laundering compliance. Journal of Financial Compliance, 1 (3), 245-254.
- Balani, H. Lewer, J.J., Saenz, M. (2017). Trade based money laundering in select Asian economies: A comparative approach using the gravity model. South West Economic Review, 1, 15-28.
- Manser Payne, E., Peltier, J., & Barger, V. A. (2017). Omni-channel marketing, integrated marketing communications, and consumer engagement: a research agenda. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 11(2).
- Dahl, AJ, Gray, DM, Peltier, JW. (2016). Wikipedia: An opportunity to teach marketing students worldwide – And a call for more crowdsourced marketing content on Wikipedia.com. Journal of Strategic Management Education, 12, 19-58.
- Peltier, JW, Dahl, AJ, Schibrowsky, JE. (2016). Sequential loss of self-control: Exploring the antecedents and consequences of student credit card debt. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 21(3), 167-181.
- Dahl, AJ & Peltier, JW. (2015). A historical review and future research agenda for the field of consumer satisfaction, dissatisfaction, & complaining behavior. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 28, 5-25.