Apply for Graduation

Students may earn an Associate of Arts degree by successfully completing a minimum of 60 units, including the 45 units of the General Education requirements (Communication & Calculation Skills and University Requirements) and the U.S. Racial/Ethnic Diversity requirement with a UW-Whitewater 2.00 cumulative GPA.  15 of the 60 units must be taken in coursework at UW-Whitewater.  Students must be enrolled at UW-Whitewater during the term in which the requirements are completed.  The General Education requirements are the same as those for baccalaureate degrees. Students do not need to complete GENED 390 but must complete a GH (humanities) course to complete University Requirements.  Please refer to the Associate of Arts Academic Advisement Report (AAR) for additional details on requirements.

Application for an Associate of Arts degree must be made no later than two years after the last term of attendance.  An Associate of Arts degree cannot be received at the same time as a baccalaureate degree or subsequent to the awarding of a baccalaureate degree.  There is a graduation fee for the Associate of Arts degree.  

Associate of Arts graduates must apply and indicate their intention to participate in the commencement ceremony by March 16, 2018, to walk in the Spring commencement ceremony.  If you are not going to participate, applications will still be accepted after this date.  Associate of Arts students who are participating in commencement are encouraged to attend Salute to Grads for their term.  

Students can apply for the Associate Degree via this link: Application for the Associate of Arts Degree

You should apply to graduate at least one full semester prior to your final term for your academic record can be checked . It is important that your entire academic record is reviewed prior to the final term of enrollment in order to identify any problems and resolve them in time for you to graduate. If you apply late, it may not be possible to alter your schedule if you are deficient in an area. It may also mean that your name will not be on lists of graduating seniors, including the program printed for the commencement ceremony. You may change your graduation date at any time by notifying the Registrars Office.

Online Undergraduate Application Form (Student ID and password is required)

How to apply for graduation with your Masters Degree

You must file an application for graduation and a diploma with the Graduate Studies Office within the first two weeks of the semester or the first week of the summer session in which you plan to graduate. You can fill out an application for graduation in the Graduate Studies Office, Roseman 2013, or online. Additional information regarding the graduation process is available on the School of Graduate Studies website.

Online Graduate Application Form (Student ID and password is required.)

Commencement is held at the end of the fall and spring semesters. All your coursework (including co-ops, internships, study abroad, and student teaching) must be completed and showing on your record within 30 days from the end of the term in order for your degree to be awarded.

Although your attendance is optional, we strongly encourage you and your family to attend this important ceremony and celebrate the achievements of our new graduates.

August graduate please note (Undergraduates only): If you are an undergraduate completing your coursework in the summer session, you will have an August graduation date. Effective Spring 2017, you will have the option to participate in either the May or December commencement ceremony. Please note, August graduates who wish to walk with University Honors must participate in the December ceremony.

There is a graduation fee of $45.00, which will appear on your student bill. This fee must be paid even though you may elect not to participate in the commencement exercises. If you are an undergraduate student, the graduation fee will be applied to your student bill mid-semester of the term you are graduating.

Your diploma will be mailed to your permanent mailing address approximately 3 months after graduation. Your diploma will only be sent if your degree has been posted and all holds are removed from your account. If you need verification of your degree before then, you may order an official transcript to be sent as soon as all your grades have been received.

  • End of August for May Graduates
  • End of October for August Graduates
  • End of March for December Graduates

Replacement Diplomas