Online registration for this camp closes 7/8 at noon. We do accept walk up registrations the day of the event.
July 10 - 15, 2016
Sign up to receive camp updates as information becomes available.
Thank you for visiting,
UW-Whitewater Camps & Conferences
The UW-Whitewater Flute Camp provides flutists (entering 8th grade through those graduating from high school) an opportunity to grow musically and to hear and learn a new repertoire. The daily schedule challenges the student at his or her own personal level. In addition to two daily lessons, flute quartet and warm-up sessions, campers enroll in two or more of the class offerings. On the last two days of the camp, private flute lessons are joined by professional accompanists.
Enrollment: First 60 applicants.
Campers will attend a “Concert on the Square” at the State Capital in Madison, performed by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra.
All Campers Attend
- Daily private lessons (either select two solos or a solo and an etude-the student must provide the music for flute and piano parts)
- Flute choir
- Warm-up class
- Daily flute trios or quartets rehearsal with instructors (placement by audition on Sunday)
- Secondary Lesson
- Staff recital
- Special topics seminars
Clinics & Seminars
- Alexander Technique - Learn how to relieve unnecessary levels of muscular and mental tension during everyday activities
- Yoga - Develop skills to improve your breathing technique
(Campers should choose two from the following list)
- Contemporary Flute
- Music History Overview
- History of the Flute
- Flutes of the World
- Beginning Piccolo (Student must provide piccolo)
- Advanced Piccolo (Student must provide piccolo)
- Introduction to Music Theory
Resident Camper: $525 (Includes room and board.)
Commuter Camper: $475 (Includes lunch and dinner.)
Camp cost for commuters and residents includes instruction, insurance coverage, and instructional materials, and is due in full before July 10, 2016 There will be a banquet, recitals, and activities such as tennis and swimming.
Housing & Facilities
Flute campers have the option of commuting or staying on the campus at UW-Whitewater. Counselors reside in the residence hall and are available to help students during orientation and in organizing student activities.
“Honor Camper” and “Outstanding Camper” scholarships are awarded on the last day of Flute Camp witch can be applied towards next years camp fee.
Bring a Friend to Camp Discount
Returning campers can receive a $20 discount by bringing a new camper with them this year. Registration forms must be mailed in together to receive discount and cannot be applied online.