- Office of Administrative Affairs
- Purchasing Card
- If the transaction value is greater than $5,000, use traditional purchasing procedures and follow your agency-established process.
- If the transaction value is $5,000 or less:
NOTE: The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is issuing a tax exempt number for each state agency. This number may appear on the third line of em bossing on your card. If you have a card issued before the tax exempt numbers were assigned, ask your Coordinator for your agency number and make a note of it to provide to merchants as necessary. New cards will be issued as determined by the Coordinator.
- Using best judgment, determine an appropriate vendor for the materials desired
- Give the vendor your Purchasing Card number and expiration date or present the card at the point of sale.
- Tell the vendor that the State is exempt from State sales taxes.
- If the material will be shipped or delivered, tell the vendor to enclose or mail a copy of the receipt/invoice with each shipment. Have the vendor mark it "Credit card order - paid" to avoid duplicate payments.
- If the material is picked up, obtain the itemized receipt indicating the purchase price.
- Maintain a purchase record log.
- Save the original receipts/shipping invoices in an envelope.