How to Withdraw from a Term

How to Withdraw from a Term

Ask a complete question, like "How do I obtain my transcripts?"

Withdrawing from a term 

Access WINS

  • Click on WINS on UW-Whitewater's home page at
  • Sign into WINS 

 Withdrawing from a Term

  1. Click on Self Service.
  2. Click on Student Center.
  3. From the Academic Section select the Term Withdrawal option from the drop down menu and click the "GO" arrow.
  4. Select the term from which you wish to withdraw and click "Continue".*
  5. Select the appropriate box(es) to inform the Registrar's Office if you are an athlete, international student, GI Bill benefit recipient, or none of the above.
  6. Click Submit.
  7. Click ok on the Submit Confirmation screen.

The withdrawal process may take up to 48 hours for processing; however, the day the Registrar's Office receives your withdrawal form is the official date of the withdrawal.

If you have missed the deadline for withdrawal, you may submit an appeal to request a backdate.  Submit A Request to Appeal the Last Day to Withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office in Roseman Building 2032

Things to Remember

  • *You will only be able to withdraw from a term in which you have enrollment
  • Withdrawing from a term drops all classes.  If you need to drop one or more, but not all, see How to Drop a Class
  • Deadline information can be found in the Schedule of Classes
  • Be sure to sign out of WINS to end your session

Printly Friendly

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Roseman Hall, Room 2032
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
800 West Main St.
Whitewater, WI 53190-1790

Phone 262-472-1570
Fax 262-472-1370
Email Us

Office Hours
Monday - Friday
7:45 - 4:30