The LEARN Center Equity Ambassador program will recognize instructors that have put their equity talk into action and provide a platform for them to share their experiences in utilizing equitable classroom practices at UW-Whitewater. The program is supported by a small grant from UW System’s Equity in the Classroom Initiative and will provide a $200 stipend to participants. Ambassadors will be asked to lead by example and share their experiences with their colleagues through discussion groups, social media outreach and other programming. One ambassador will be chosen to represent each college.
- Instructor of at least one course in spring semester
- Record of participation in EDI-focused professional development opportunities, either through UW-Whitewater or external sources. This could include attending book groups, workshops, seminars and more.
- Contribute to an equity-focused discussion group by choosing the material (article, podcast or something similar) and leading one meeting. The goal of the group would be to bring together interested instructors to share ideas about equitable classroom practices and how they could be (or are being) implemented at UW-Whitewater.
- Present on a panel at the UW-Whitewater Equity Summit or a LEARN Center event to showcase your innovative work.
- Create a Tuesday Teaching Tip post for the LEARN Center Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/uwwlearn). This could be an extension of the material for the discussion group or something different.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of UW-Whitewater faculty and staff and notifications will be sent by March 5. If you have questions about the program or your application, please contact LEARN@uww.edu.
Registrations accepted online until February, 26, 2021.